Check out this video about the affects alcohol on your mind and body.
Damage to Self:
- More than 1,400 college students (ages 18-24) die each year from alcohol related injuries.
- One-third of students admitted to driving while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs in the past year.
- Memory loss can occur during periods of heavy drinking.
- Alcohol use can cause academic impairment.
- Students who misuse alcohol risk personal injury and even death!
Damage to Others:
- 700,000 college students (age 18-24) are victims of alcohol related sexual assault or date-rape.
- Excessive drinking is a contributor to fights, interpersonal, and sexual violence.
- 8% of students admitted damaging property or pulling a fire alarm in connection with drinking.
- 600,000 college students (age 18-24) each year are assaulted by another student who has been drinking.
- Alcohol is the #1 date-rape drug.